The aim of the course is to develope their skills as an adviser. After taking the course they should:
- have experience in writeing a research plan that is suitable for a degree project student
- have experience in advising students
- increased their basic communication skills in the research area
- increased their basic knowledge of how to give positive creative critisism
- increased their basic knowledge of techniques for wirting and orally presenting research results.
The course has four main parts:
1) defining and writing the scope of a research study for a degree project
2) advising meetings with the degree project student
3) discussions with their own adviser dealing with advising methods as well as the project process
4) evaluation of the student's work: the thesis, of the student's research process and their oral presentation.