Course development and history
The course is intended to be held every second year
· Thermal analytical techniques – an overview
· Differential scanning calorimetry
· Thermomechnical analyses
· Other techniques: Termal optical analyses, techniques based on microscopy and diffraction experiments
· Semicrystalline polymers (crystallinity, melting point, crystallization kinetics)
· Amorphous polymers: glass transition, physical ageing, assessing phase structure in polymer blends
Degradation kinetics studies
Course schedule: 24 h lectures: this course is intended to be held every second year:
The students will acquire basic knowledge about the principles of different thermal analytical techniques such as DSC, TG, TMA and TOA and how samples are prepared and how results are interpreted.
No information inserted
Basic knowledge about polymer science and engineering.
Thermal analyses, Chapter in textbook: Polymer Physics, U.W. Gedde, Springer Verlag (1995); Thermal Analysis, B. Wunderlich; Academic Press (1990).
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability. The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Written examination (4 hp)
CHE/Fibre and Polymer Technology
Ulf W.Gedde, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 8 7907640
For whom: graduate students
Group size: 30
Application to Fredrik Svensson, email@example.com