Information for research students about course offerings
The course can be taken at any time, it is not bonded to any specific period. Contact examiner for information.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
At least one years of instrument responsibility for one or several instruments. However, the course can only be taken once. Writing of a manual.
Emphasis should be placed on the use of the instrument / technology in subject-relevant applications.
Intended learning outcomes
The student must after the course:
1. Have demonstrated sufficient skills on the instrument, both in theory and in practice, to keep the instrument in good shape.
2. Be able to communicate the technique on an advanced research level to fellow researchers.
3. Be able to coordinate/administrate the use of the technique/instrument in a research organization.
Literature and preparations
Accepted for doctoral studies at KTH-CBH.
The course is included as a possible choice within the subject-specific courses.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRA1 - Practical training, 4.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Exam, 3.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Oral exam on the technique/instrument which is held by the main supervisor or by a person nominated by the main supervisor.
Other requirements for final grade
These parts must have been accomplished for the final examination of the course:
1. Minimum 1 year of responsibility of an instrument. The main supervisor will decide whether the suggested instrumental duty is sufficient/suitable for the student to take the course.
2. Written instrument manual.
3. Documentet teaching of colleagues on how to use the instrument.
4. Passed oral exam on the technique/instrument (handled by the main supervisor).
The course is counted as part of the research studies and not as an institutional service.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web FKF3440