Course contents *
• Signals in the domain of time and frequency
• Fourier series
•Influence on the signal:
network for limitation of bandwidth, damping, sampling and PCM converting
• Analogue and digital modulation.
• Data transmission: Bandwidth, media of transmission.
• Data rate versus modulation rate and bandwidth versus pulse width.
• Transmission systems: cables (forward and reflected power)
• Antennas and wave propagation
• Equipments in and functions of computer networks.
• The function of protocols in local networks
• Applications: wired and wireless communication systems
Intended learning outcomes *
To provide fundamental knowledge about the process of electronic communication
After passing the course you should be able to
• Explain important concepts and terminology within the communication field
• Describe the basic components in a communication system
• Analyse signals in the domain of time and frequency
• Explain the difference between digital and analogue signals and the coversion between them
• Describe the fundamentals for TCP/IP-based communicationfunction
• Calculate the data rate in a data channel
• Describe analogue and digital methods of modulation
• Apply the theory about coding and modulation in a communication system
• Describe in what way noise, damping and interference influence the signal in a transmission media
• Describe the appearance of electromagnetic waves and perform a link budget calculation
• Discuss and compare different ways of sollving particular problems in the communication process
No information inserted