Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
- Engineering metrology and measurement uncertainty
- Tolerances, dimensioning and the dimensioning effect of tolerances
- Statistical process control
- Assembly technology
- Complete machining
- Industrial robot technique
- Automatic production and assembly
- Modular assembly
- Introduction to workshop engineering
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
- choose measuring equipment and carry out measurements of produced details
- assess the machine ability of machine tools
- apply statistical process control in production
- adapt details for automatic and manual assembly
- apply modularisation of products for simplifying assembly of variants
- account for disadvantages and advantages of complete machining
- demonstrate the ability to reflect on the interplay between production technology, society and man
- visualise how a workshop functions
- Laboratory exercises
- Written assignments
Literature and preparations
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- TEN1 - Written examination, 4.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ÖVN1 - Exercises, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Approved exercises (Ã–VN1; 3 cr) Passed written examination (TEN1; 4.5 cr) Final grade is decided by the TEN1 grade.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web HM1016