HN205X Degree Project in Technology, Work and Health 15.0 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The thesis is one part of deeper studies within the knowledge field on second level, in order to fulfil the demands for a first-year master thesis. The thesis should be carried out within the knowledge field of the education programme. The thesis may be carried out within KTH or elsewhere. The student will be supervised by a supervisor, decided by KTH.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course, each student shall:
- be able to apply relevant knowledge and abilities learned within the education, related to a specific problem
- within certain frames, even with limited information, individually analyze and discuss complex tasks and
- handle advanced issues within the field of knowledge
- show ability to reflect around, assess and criticize own and others scientific results
- be able to document and present the own work fulfilling high demands on structure, formalities and language
- show ability to identify needs of further knowledge and to take responsibility for further knowledge development
- Reflect on sustainable development in context to their topic.
Literature and preparations
Academic first degree, 180 higher education credits, within technical or natural science or equivalent education. At least 30 higher education credits shall be finished before the thesis work, and at least 15 of those shall be on advanced level within the knowledge field.
The student is expected to carry out an individual literature search within the problem area. Course literature may also be suggested by the supervisor or the examiner.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- XUPP - Examination Question, 15.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
XUPP - Examination Question, 15.0 credits
Planning and carrying out the work according to the plan, written report and oral presentation.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web HN205X