ID2205 Individual Advanced Studies in Software Systems 7.5 credits
Individuell avancerad kurs i mjukvarusystem
Educational levelSecond cycle
Academic level (A-D)
Subject areaComputer Science and Engineering
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Autumn 17 P1 (7.5 credits)
2017 week: 35
2017 week: 43
Language of instruction
Number of lectures
Number of exercises
Form of study
Number of places
Intended learning outcomes
The course is intended for well-defined research-oriented projects in the area of software systems. Participating students are expected to contribute their own draft project proposals.
The course targets students who, for example, want to
- explore a topic for which no advanced level course is available
- pursue pre-studies for an advanced level degree project
- deepen topics from an existing advanced level course
- pursue equivalent activities in agreement with the examiner.
After this course, the student will be able to plan and execute a design, implementation, research, or equivalent task in software systems and report its outcomes. More specifically, the student will be able to
- develop and refine a plan for conducting a task in software systems that fits the available time budget of five weeks (corresponding to 7.5 credits)
- obtain and review information required for carrying out the task
- choosing an approach how to carry out the task
- carrying out the task following the chosen approach
- professionally report the results both orally and in writing
- demonstrate advanced knowledge in software systems.
Course main content
The content and the examination will be individually defined between examiner and student. Students interested in taking the course are obliged to
- find a teacher with competence in the area af the planned task
- produce a draft project proposal approved by that teacher
- only then contact the examiner of this course.
The course is only offered if a teacher with competence can be found and endorses a planned project.
The course might not be offered if not sufficient resources or interest are available.
There are no scheduled activities for this course.
- ÖVN1 - Oral and written report, 7.5, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
ICT/Software and Computer system
Christian Schulte, email@example.com, David Broman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Christian Schulte <email@example.com>
David Broman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2017.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2017.