The aim of this course is to increase Ericsson's engineers skills in the area of Sampling and Analog-to- Digital and Digital-to-Analog Conversion in order to complement the already existing course IK252u Ericsson Radio School.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
RF receiver architectures
- Sampling Processes
- Analog-to-Digital Conversion (ADC)
- Continous Time receivers
- Discrete Time receivers
Direct RF digitization receivers
- System Level Aspects
- Receiver System-Level Design
Realization and measurements
- RF Front End
- Mixed Signal Front End
- Mixed Signal AGC Loop
- System Level Measurements
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the students should be able to
- account for basic sampling theory
- account for basic digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital conversion.
Literature and preparations
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignment, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM1 - Seminars, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Other requirements for final grade
At least 90 percent participation at the seminars is required.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web IK255U