Course contents *
The student should work with a current research or development project, which includes posing problems that can give specialisation/broadening within chemistry and chemical engineering. The project will present opportunities for information retrieval, practical work, and report writing. Then the project is carried out in groups including also lectures and reflections around preconditions for modern leadership. Within the framework for the projects, one should identify and develop a business plan that includes sustainable business development.
Each project group has a supervisor.
Intended learning outcomes *
1. Show knowledge of the disciplinary foundation of the chosen subject area, applicable methods and orientation in current research and development and show advanced knowledge within some part of the subject area.
2. Demonstrate the ability to search, collect and use relevant information critically and identify the need for additional knowledge.
3. Demonstrate the ability to formulate, assess and handle problems and critically discuss phenomena, issues and situations.
4. Demonstrate the ability to plan, and with applicable methods, carry out assignments within given time frames.
5. After dialogue with different groups demonstrate the ability to orally and in writing account for and discuss information, problems and solutions.
6. Demonstrate the ability to make assessments considering relevant scientific, social and ethical aspects.
7. show the skills required to work independently within some part of the main field of technology
8. Orally and in writing present results in Swedish, discuss conclusions and clearly refer to the knowledge that it is based on.