Content and learning outcomes
Intended learning outcomes
The student will:
- Be able to apply relevant knowledge and skills acquired in the technology to a given problem
- within a given framework, even with limited information, independently analyze and discuss complex issues, and dealing with major problems at the advanced level in the technology
- reflect on, evaluate and critically examine their own and others' scientific achievements
- able to document and present their work, for a given target, with the highest standards of structure, formality and language processing
- able to identify their need for further knowledge and continuously develop their skills
Literature and preparations
The main portion of the studies must generally be completed before the degree project can be started. The degree project must normally be carried out during the programme’s last term.
For students admitted to Degree Programme 300 credits:
At least 240 credits within the programme must be completed, of which at least 110 credits must be from mandatory courses in years 1 – 2.
For students admitted to Degree Programme 270 credits, before 2007-07-01:
At least 210 credits within the programme must be completed, of which at least 110 credits must be from mandatory courses in years 1 – 2.
For students admitted to Master's Programme 120 credits:
At least 60 credits within the Masters programme must be completed.
Most of your studies must be completed, ie at least 210 credits if you are studying at a 270 credits programme, and 240 credits if you are studying at a 300 credits programme. If you are a masters student, you must have completed at least 60 credits within the masters programme.
Litteraturen bestäms individuellt beroende på uppgiften. Kurslitteratur kan även föreslås av examinator eller handledare.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- XUPP - Examination Question, 30.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web KF203X
Main field of study
You must apply before you start with a degree project, advanced level, by leaving an application form, "Application for Project course, advanced level" to the BIO & CHE students office.