Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
Intended learning outcomes
Literature and preparations
KH1130 Chemical Engineering and Tehnology I
KH1122 Analytical Chemistry
KH1150 Engineering Skills
KH1212 Mathematical Statistics (can be taken simultaneously)
McCabe, W. L., Smith, J. C. and Harriott, P., Unit Operations of Chemical Engineering, 7th ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, 2005.
Simonsson, D., Kemisk reaktionsteknik, KTH, eller Fogler, H. S., Elements of Chemical Reaction Engineering, 4th ed, Prentice-Hall International, 2005,
L-A Sjöberg., Svensk kemiindustri - Branschen, företagen och processerna, Teknik- och Marknadsföringskonsult, Karlstad, 2009
Andersson, J. och Grönkvist, S., Kompendium i teknisk termodynamik, KTH
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- LAB1 - Examination, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- LAB2 - Examination, 4.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- LAB3 - Pilot Scale laboratory work, - credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Written examination, 4.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN2 - Written examination, 6.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN3 - Written examination, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- ÖVN1 - Exercises, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- ÖVN2 - Exercises, - credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web KH1231
Main field of study
KH1332 Chemical Engineering and Technology 3