KH1324 Analytical Chemistry 2 7.5 credits
The general objective of this course is to give the tools to solve the problems dealing with the development of the qualitative and quantitative analysis of substances presented in the environment and industry products.
When you have passed this course you will have learnt how the analytical process works from sampling to chemical analysis including calibration, handling of measuring data and validation.
Analysis techniques raised in this course include atomic spectroscopy, various chromatographic techniques and MS.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
Intended learning outcomes
Literature and preparations
Harris, D C: Quantitative Chemical Analysis 9th ed, Freeman & Co.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- LAB1 - Laboratory Work, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Written examination, 3.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ÖVN1 - Computer Labortory Work, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web KH1324