LD1000 Learn to learn online 2.0 credits
In this course, you will learn about study strategies that prepare you to become a better online learner.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The course aims at developing competence and skills to understand, analyse, plan and implement study strategies that can improve the learning in an online environment.
- Presentation of central concepts about learning based on current research about psychology, cognition and motivation.
- Design of study strategies that are adapted to behaviours and types of instruction in an online environment
- Apply study strategies and digital tools to improve the distance learning and learning in digital environments.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify and explain central concepts in the learning process.
- Describe and apply central concepts, theories and methods in digital learning in relation to their own study context.
- Design and apply strategies for studies that can improve the own learning in an online environment.
Literature and preparations
General entry requirements
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- LEXA - Continous assessment, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The assessment is done through continuous examination components. The examination components consist of e.g. multiple-choice questions and open-ended questions. Final grades are given if all examination components are passed.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LD1000