Course contents *
The course is intended for active teachers in school year K-6 who lack education in technology and technology didactics. The course should give an overview of the fields of technology that the curriculum mentions explicitly and knowledge of technology didactics to be able to teach about them. The main contents are about everyday technical solutions, mechanisms, solid mechanics, materials, electric connections, computers and programming as well as technical systems and sustainable development. The course also concerns development work in technology as well as documentation by means of sketches as well as physical and digital models. The contents are treated through both reading of literature and practical exercises.
Intended learning outcomes *
On completion of the course, the student should be able to
? - account for and problematise different ways of regarding the purpose of technology as a subject in primary and lower-secondary school, not least considering gender
- account for subject knowledge in technology in the fields Materials, Solid Mechanics, Mechanisms and Electrical Components, which are required for pupils' learning in the development of technology in school years K-6
- create sketches, manual and digital drawings, and models in one's own technical design and development work
- analyse everyday items and technical systems based on structure and function, how they have been developed over time as well as contribute to sustainable development
- plan, organise and evaluate technology instruction in school year K-6 in relation to policy documents, different student groups and research in technology didactics
- analyse and assess pupils' knowledge development in technology in relation to the policy documents of the school.