LS141V Professional Writing for Engineers 3.0 credits
This course is intended for professional engineers who want to develop their writing skills in Swedish. The course focuses on practical assignments, and the participants are encouraged to base their work on experience from their own professional fields.
Looking for a similar course in English? Look no further than LS140V.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The course develops the skills of the engineer in professional writing and presentation of efficient texts with high readability. It therefore has a focus on text function and text types in work-related texts, where the contents must be adapted to different target groups. The course brings up themes such as text structure, tonality, cohesion and readability. The students are given the opportunity to use their own work-related texts for certain assignments.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
1. identify the most common text functions in Swedish language engineering texts and demonstrate an understanding of what makes a text clear and readable.
2. In Swedish, write clear and professional engineering texts for different purposes adapted to target group and communicative aim, which also includes adaptation of the contents, structure and linguistic style of each text.
3. Work with the writing as a process which includes giving and receiving constructive criticism and turn this into processing and improvement of own and others' texts.
Literature and preparations
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- LEXA - Ongoing examination, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LS141V