Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The course deals with how to plan, carry out and follow up a development idea linked to educational sciences related to teaching of physics, chemistry, technology or mathematics, based on scientific knowledge, proven experience and current regulations: problem inventory, needs analysis, project design, implementation, documentation, evaluation and final presentation. The work should show need for the ability to methodologically reflect on knowledge that is related to previous research and future professional work.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
1. Identify, formulate and analyse a didactic development need
2. Plan, design and evaluate and discuss a didactic development project with basis in previous research that can meet this need critically
3. Account for, in writing and orally, and discuss the didactic development project, problems and solutions in dialogue with different groups
4. Reflect on his/her newly acquired knowledge in relation to the teaching mission, as well as to previous education and professional or vocational experience
Literature and preparations
The student should have completed at least 50 credits of Bridging Teacher Education Programme (KPU programme, 90 credits), among these 50 higher education credits must include at least 10 credits from school placement (VFU).
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- XUPP - Degree project, 15.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
The student must be approved (received a passing grade) in all the compulsory items of the course and the examination.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LT101X