This course has been discontinued.
Last planned examination: Spring 2024Decision to discontinue this course: No information inserted
This is a course specially designed for the two bridging programmes for architects and engineers with foreign qualifications (KUAUT & KUIUT).
Content and learning outcomes
Individual mapping of earlier education, work experience and skills, and continued focus of career. Individual plans of study in collaboration with KTH's contact network. Career planning: theories and practical work with one's own plan. The Swedish labour market for engineers/architects, study visits, invited lecturers, minor individual studies. Strategies for increased employability.
Intended learning outcomes
The aim of the course is to give a closer introduction to the Swedish labour market, and put this knowledge in relation to the student's own professional background and career plans.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- account for basic conditions, organisation, processes and working methods for engineers/architects on the Swedish labour market
- account for different sectors and for what skills are in demand, as well as be able to describe the labour market in the region in relation to one's own education and experience
- reflect on and describe one's own role as engineer or architect in relation to earlier education and experience, and in relation to the Swedish labour market
- network in an efficient way in one's own sector in order to survey and analyse one's individual labour market
- compile and reflect on an individual portfolio containing: a CV, experiences from visits and smaller studies, analysis of skills, and a plan for one's studies and career
Literature and preparations
Presenteras i Kurs-PM
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Individual Assignment, 3.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM1 - Seminar, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM2 - Seminar, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LT1033