Course contents *
Individual mapping of earlier education, work experience and skills, and continued focus of career. Individual plans of study in collaboration with KTH's contact network. Career planning: theories and practical work with one's own plan. The Swedish labour market for engineers/architects, study visits, invited lecturers, minor individual studies. Strategies for increased employability.
Intended learning outcomes *
The aim of the course is to give a closer introduction to the Swedish labour market, and put this knowledge in relation to the student's own professional background and career plans.
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- account for basic conditions, organisation, processes and working methods for engineers/architects on the Swedish labour market
- account for different sectors and for what skills are in demand, as well as be able to describe the labour market in the region in relation to one's own education and experience
- reflect on and describe one's own role as engineer or architect in relation to earlier education and experience, and in relation to the Swedish labour market
- network in an efficient way in one's own sector in order to survey and analyse one's individual labour market
- compile and reflect on an individual portfolio containing: a CV, experiences from visits and smaller studies, analysis of skills, and a plan for one's studies and career