Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Through a technology education development work, the student is given the opportunity to apply his didactic knowledge to develop the teaching in some part of basis or the technology subjects of the upper-secondary school. The work can treat for example (but not necessarily limited to) teaching planning, choice of study material, accessibility, skills development and continuing professional development and formative and summative assessment. The theme may preferably connect to the student's previous research domain and/or the activities at the placement school. The work starts before and is completed after a placement period. The students thereby have the opportunity to collect data or test ideas during placement.
The course should strengthen the student's possibility to independently and together with others develop the teaching of technology. The work is documented through a written report. In addition to that, planning of classes, artefacts, teaching material etc. can be included. The work is carried out with support from a supervisor.
Intended learning outcomes
1. Based on scientific knowledge, proven experience and current regulations identify possible fields of development in technology teaching
2. Plan a development project in the field of technology teaching, based on science and proven experience
3. Within given frameworks, even with limited information, examine, analyse and discuss complex issues, as well as deal with more advanced problems within his/her area of teaching
4. Reflect on, evaluate and review critically own and others' experiences and scientific results
5. Reflect on his/her newly acquired knowledge in relation to the teaching mission, as well as to previous courses and professional or vocational experience
6. Document and present his/her work to a given target group,with high expectations on structure, formatting and language
7. Analyse his own need of additional knowledge and discuss future continuing professional development.
Literature and preparations
Passing grade (minimum Pass or E) in the courses UM7101 Science Education, Curriculum Studies and Assessment (10 credits); LT1041 School Placement 1 (15 credits) and DIG01K Perspectives on learning and development (7.5 credits).
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Project plan, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- INL2 - Development project, 6.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Active participation in compulsory seminars.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LT2046
Main field of study
The course requires access to computer, web camera, microphone and Internet connection.
The course can be given in collaboration with active teachers in municipal and independent schools.