The course presents theories about gender and organization, and theories about gender and technology, as well as research about gender equality work; problems of inequality, methods for change, expected results.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
- Theory of gender and organisation
- Research about equality work; problems, methods for change and possible results
- Theory of gender and technology
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the students should be able to:
- Describe a workplace based on the concept gender structure and analyse importances of gender distribution, segregation patterns and authority distribution
- Describe organization cultures based on a gender perspective and analyse importances of the expressions of different organization cultures in relation to gender
- Describe how technology is genderized and analyse technology based on a critical gender perspective
- Identify inequality at workplaces and identify different methods for increased equal opportunities especially in relation to the engineering profession
- Analyse and discuss change and resistance in practical equality work in organisations where engineers are active
Literature and preparations
General entry requirements.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- TEN1 - Exam, 6.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Compulsory attendance on certain course components.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web ME1037