Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The course deals with:
- Analyses of the technical structure and institutional preconditions of different energy systems
- Different forms of entrepreneurship and companies based on different core and support processes in the energy systems, regarding both extent (local, regional, national, international) and time (epochs)
- The businesses, which can be developed in different parts of the energy value chain with different energy technologies, energy types, energy services, customer categories, geographical markets, financial instruments, etc.
- Analyses of the function of the energy markets
- Analyses of strategies both at company policy level, with regard to the transformation of the energy systems and the energy markets
- The effect of the climate changes on the transformation of the energy systems
- Business plans for an existing or recently started energy business, where the technical as well as the environmental and economical preconditions are clear.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the course, the student by combining knowledge in the subareas energy engineering, business administration, economics, business models and decision models should be able to:
- Carry out basic analyses of how a business is influenced by external factors in energy markets such as policies and other actors' actions.
- Analyse and evaluate businesses and business opportunities in different parts of the value chain in energy systems.
- Analyse how the climate issue and other sustainability issues can transform energy systems.
- Analyse how the action of different actors in the energy field influence the future design of energy systems.
See the course syllabus.
Literature and preparations
Achieved the requirements for Degree of Bachelor of Science.
None in addition to the specific prerequisites.
Course literature will be announced at the start of the course.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- SEM2 - Seminar, 2,0 hp, betygsskala: P, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 4,0 hp, betygsskala: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
See the course syllabus.
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
Decided by the examiner.
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web ME2087
Main field of study
See the course and program directory.
Fabian Levihn (email@example.com)