MF1036 Machine Components and CAD 7.5 credits
Maskinkomponenter och CAD
This course has been cancelled.
Products and technical system usually consists of standard components. This course applies the mechanics and solid mechanics to analyze these machine components and construct simple mechanical systems. The course provides a basis for designing and selecting the appropriate components in different situations.
Education cycleFirst cycle
Main field of studyTechnology
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Last planned examination: autumn 21.
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course, students shall be able to
- Understand the function and be able to dimension some common machine elements
- Able to choose appropriate standard components and common construction materials
- Able to analyze machine components from a system perspective
- Be able to collaborate on technical problem solving in an engineering way
- Able to use CAD, modeling parts and make summaries
Course main content
This course includes some of the most common machine elements, design aspects and CAD.
SG1109/5C1103 , SF1633/5B1230 , DD1312/2D1312
Basic courses in Mechanics, Strength of materials, Numerical methods, MATLAB and Mathematics.
Olsson, K-O., Maskinelement
Maskinelement Handbok, Maskinkonstruktion, KTH
All literature in Swedish.
- TEN1 - Examination, 4.5, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ÖVN1 - Assingments, 3.0, grading scale: P, F
Requirements for final grade
Handed in exercises (INL1;3 hp) and written exam (TEN1;4,5 hp).
Claes Tisell, 08-790 90 48, firstname.lastname@example.org
Claes Tisell <email@example.com>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2011.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2007.