MF107X Degree Project in Design and Product Realization, First Cycle 15.0 credits
Examensarbete inom design och produktframtagning, grundnivå
This course has been cancelled.
The education in Mechatronics on master level provides key competence and skills to create intelligent, flexible and user-friendly products for a wide range of applications. Examples include intelligent devices like medical equipment, environmentally friendly and safe vehicles, sewing machines, robots and interactive physical environmental simulators. New and improved functionality is achieved by combining mechanical design, automatic control, programming and embedded control systems.
The course aims at training the student to apply an independent study form to acquire and document new knowledge to be integrated with previous knowledge as a basis for product development, in particular within mechatronics. The course also aims to train your skills in using modeling and simulation as tools for describing, understanding, analyzing and developing new technical solutions.
Education cycleFirst cycle
Main field of studyTechnology
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Last planned examination: autumn 21.
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
After a completed course, the students should be able to:
- Use independent methods of study to deepen individual knowledge;
- Present the developed work in a written report as well as in web-based format, in both cases with demands content, structure and language;
- Give an oral presentation of the performed work as well as opposing on other peoples work in front of a larger auditorium
- Formulate a mechatronic design or analysis problem of limited complexity and search for solutions by the use of modelling, simulation and computer based tools;
- Develop/design/select a component or subsystem and verify the characteristics of the solution by using e.g. simulation;
Course main content
The course is built upon a deeper individual study of a mechatronic problem or subtopic of particular interest. Partly through seminars, but mainly by individual search, the necessary knowledge is acquired to enlighten, answer and discuss the selected problem area.
Parts of the course is performed in groups of 2-3 students whereas other parts are done individually.
In addition to the written and oral presentation of the work performed, the course also includes critical opposition and discussion of other peoples work.
Period 3, 4
Seminars 20 h
Qualified for studies in grade 3, MF1016/4F1816 och påbörjat DD1321(2D1321)
All accepted students are expected to have participated in MF1016 (4F1816) Electrical engineering for M, P or T, MF1014 (4F1814) Product realization for M, and further DD1321 (2D1321) Programming for embedded systems,
Will be communicated at the beginning of the course.
- PRO1 - Project, 15.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
Written report and presence at mandatory sessions. (PRO1; 15 credits)
Martin Edin Grimheden, 08-790 77 97, email@example.com
Martin Edin Grimheden <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Master Program in Mechatronics.
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2012.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2007.