MF2032 Eco Design 6.0 credits
The main goal is to provide the students with basic knowledge on environmental demands and eco-design tools in product development, and to give basic competence in designing products for sustainability.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Life Cycle Assement; Recycling of materials and components; Design for disassembly; Design rules for materials choice, surface treatment, structural layout; Relevant EU directives and laws.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
- define and explain concepts and methods connecte to eco design
- apply methods for eco design and sustanable development on a consumer product
- analyze and evaluate solutions with respect to sustainability
Literature and preparations
A Bachelor of Science in Mechanical engineering or equivalent.
Will be announced at the start of the course.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 2.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN2 - Written examination, 2.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ÖVN1 - Exercise, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web MF2032
Main field of study