Course contents *
This course forms the first and preparatory component of a major development project that is continued in project course MF2059.
The course first consists of a set of seminars and workshops on topics of relevance when working on complex mechatronics development projects, in a relatively large development team.
The seminars serie is followed by a small scale development project in which the knowledge gained from the seminars, as well as technical competence from previous courses, is applied.
It is anticipated that the student will then scale up its work on the same development project in the MF2059 course.
In the learning environment, team formation, teamwork and industrial collaboration are an integrated part. The student teams work in collaboration with industrial representatives to determine the specific factors that govern product requirements, design and realization. This involves considering the needs and wishes of stakeholders, system requirements, component requirements, validation, verification and testing.
Intended learning outcomes *
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
• identify, compare and critically assess aspects of an engineering problem, towards making design decisions.
• describe, compare and critically examine various product development processes.
• work through all aspects of an engineering development process from requirements engineering to verification and validation.
• apply and evaluate support methods in complex product development.
• design and develop prototypes.
• use professional tools necessary for the development of mechatronics products.
• get organised, lead and become part of a cross technical and complex development project.
No information inserted