MF207X Degree Project in Integrated Product Development, Second Cycle 30.0 credits
Examensarbete inom integrerad produktutveckling, avancerad nivå
Education cycleSecond cycle
Main field of studyMechanical Engineering
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course the student will be able to:
- apply relevant knowledge and skills acquired in the technology to a given problem
- within a given framework, even with limited information, independently analyze and discuss complex issues, and dealing with major problems at the advanced level in the technology
- reflect on and critically review their own and others' scientific achievements
- be able to document and present their work, for a given target, with the highest standards of structural, formal and language processing
- be able to identify the need for further knowledge and continuously upgrade their skills
These KTH common goal should be the basis of course objectives for all theses. Additional or specific price target for the thesis may be developed by schools, for training or for individual graduate work topics
- ability to critically, autonomously, and creatively identify, formulate, and manage complex research questions withing the area of Integrated Product Development
- ability to plan and with appropriate mehtods conduct and evaluate the thesis work
- ability to acquire relevant scientific litterature
- ablility to place and evaluate the thesis in a broader scientific perspective
Course main content
The Masters programme is concluded by a master thesis in which the student is expected to demonstrate his/her ability to independently conduct research using a broad spectrum of skills. The topic of the master thesis may vary; however, it must relate to technology or development of technology and have a clear contribution to product development or innovation. Provided that the master thesis is in line with the requirements above and contingent upon the availability of authorised supervision during the work with master thesis, the student can choose to conduct the master thesis either in academia or in industry.
The thesis should be part of a deepening in the chosen main subject (Mechanical Engineering) at the advanced level to meet the requirements for a degree. In the normal case required the compulsory courses in the master program Engineering Design / Integrated Product Develop, as entry requirements. Depending on the focus and depth of the degree work exemptions can be made if the current knowledge base, is still in the main field. If the student wants their final thesis in an area outside the field of technology / training program this must be approved by the direcctor of undergraduate studies (GA)
- XUPP - Examination Question, 30.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Jenny Janhager Stier, 08-790 74 79, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sofia Ritzén <email@example.com>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2011.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2007.