To provide basic knowledge about the methods for nondestructive testing of welded joints
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Non-destructive testing is a course that mainly gives you theoretical, but also certain practical knowledge of this field. The course is carried out in close cooperation with the industry, which gives a foundation in reality. Labs in NDT.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course with a passing grade the student should be able to:
- account for and understand the application of common methods for non-destructive testing (NDT) of welded joint
- describe which types of defects that can be detected with different NDT methods
- suggest an appropriate NDT method or combination of NDT methods for quality assurance
Literature and preparations
General entry requirements and a minimum of 120 credits in technology.
Basic eligibility and 120 cr in Engineering plus basic course in Welding Technology, MG1010 or equivalent
Kompendium "Oförstörande provning", KTH.
Nondestructive testing of welds, Raj Subramanian Jayakumar.
Studenten väljer själv vilken av ovanstående litteratur han/hon vill använda.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- DEL1 - Participation, - credits, grading scale: P, F
- LAB1 - Laboratory work, 0.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN2 - Written exam, 2.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web MG1012
Main field of study
MG2013 Advanced Welding Technology, modulus 1
MG2014 Advanced Welding Technology, modulus 2
MG2015 Advanced Welding Technology, modulus 3