Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
A common theme within which the students independently should formulate their own problem
Inspirational lectures on the given theme
Supporting lectures on scientific work method: information retrieval, report writing, etc.
Oral presentations at seminars
During the whole course: independent work with problem formulation, information retrieval, project planning and project follow-up, oral presentations and report writing
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the degree project course, the student should be able to:
- independently identify, formulate, assess and handle problems of the Production Engineering subject area
- show a basic ability to apply knowledge, methodology and skills that have been acquired during the studies, on problems within the subject area
- account for the scientific basis and applicable methods within production engineering and display deepened knowledge within some part of this subject area
- analyse the need of scientific information, carry out information retrieval, evaluate the received information and identify his need for additional knowledge
- critically discuss phenomena, issues and situations within the subject area, considering relevant scientific, social, ethical and sustainability aspects
- plan and carry out assignments within given time frames, with relevant methods
- orally and in writing account for and discuss information, problems and solutions, in dialogue with different groups:
- present the work in a scientific report that satisfies the given requirements of contents, structure and language
- in the report, refer to sources, figures, tables and formulae, in an established way
- write a summary of the report in English with correct use of the terminology of the subject
- carry out oral presentations with requirements on keeping to time limits, clear contents, language, delivery and illustrations
- review and give views on another degree project and be able to respond to equivalent views on own work
- show the skills that are required for working independently within some part of the Technology main field of study
Literature and preparations
Completed courses of at least 120 credits in the 5-year engineering programme.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- XUPP - Examination Question, 15.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web MG110X
Main field of study
From the spring semester 2021, changed requirements apply to Specific prerequisites.
Students who have started their studies before 07/01/2018 should during a transitional period until the expiration of the autumn semester 2022 be considered eligible if either the requirements for Specific prerequisites that applied before the spring semester 2021 or the requirements in the currently valid official course syllabus is fulfilled.
For course offerings starting from the spring semester 2023, only the specific prerequisites of the current official course syllabus will apply.