MG2013 Advanced Welding Technology, Modulus 1 6.0 credits
- Welding Processes, mechanization and automation.
- Welding Economics.
- Work environment with welding,
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
Welding Processes, mechanization and automation
Work Environment with welding
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to:
- thoroughly describe welding of structural parts and constructions
- explain fundamental physical background of welding arcs
- describe advantages and disadvantages of welding and cutting machines in different situations
- describe advantages and disadvantages of automated systems for flexible welding and cutting
- thoroughly explain control and quality checks of primary parameters during and after finished welding
- optimise process parameters - selection of process, additives, weld parameters, considering quality and cost
- formulate work instructions and directives for welding and cutting processes
Literature and preparations
Finished basic course in Welding engineering (MG1010, MG1011, MG1012)
120 cr in Engineering
MG1010 Introductory Welding Technology, General Course
MG1011 Introductory Welding Technology, Advanced Course
MG1012 Non-Destructive Testing
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- DEL1 - Attendance, - credits, grading scale: P, F
- HEM1 - Home assignments, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- LABA - Laboratory work, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Written exam, 3.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web MG2013
Main field of study
MG2014 Advanced Welding Technology, module 2
MG2015 Advanced Welding Technology, module 3