Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The course will provide a gender awareness in technical and scientific environments, and tools to analyze and explore these.
The course consists of a series of workshops where knowledge of the organization and gender are sought. Each workshop is based on the active participation and is an important arena for training and learning and is followed by a discussion of the relevant case studies. After the case study discussions, the participants will submit a written reflection.
Initially, the participants will identify the need for gender equality in their own environment. The participants will then prioritize an issue in a scientific, technological or industrial environment, immerse themselves in this and implement an equality project. The equality project is carried out in groups supported by lectures and tutorials. The project is then presented in a written, final report, which also serves as the inspiration for a change project based on an identified need to be conducted.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts in the theory of organization and gender.
- Formulate what a gender perspective on industrial organizations means.
- Identify the need for gender equality in the technology / study environment.
- Critically analyze the connections between gender and technology in technical and scientific environments.
- Develop and implement a change project based on an identified need.
Literature and preparations
Basic eligibility and Mathematics E, Physics B, Chemistry A, or equivalent.
Anges i kurs-PM vid kursstart.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Written Assignment, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- PRO1 - Project Work, 4.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web MH1023
Main field of study
The course session for Spring 2023 is canceled.
Recommended alternative courses:
ME2075 Leadership and Power in Industrial Organizations: perspectives of gender and diversity (6 hp Eng, P4)
ME1037 Genus och jämställdhet i arbetslivet i teknikyrken (6 hp, P2)