MJ2470 Climate Change Mitigation Tools 6.0 credits
Instrument för analys av klimatpåverkan
Education cycleSecond cycle
Main field of study
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon successfully completing the course, the student should be able to:
- Define and understand climate change from an energy planning perspective
- Define and plan strategies to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases
- Calculate the effect of different measures to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases
Course main content
Utilisation of different tools for calculation of emissions in a context of energy generation and use.
Prerequisites: 45 ECTS from Masterprogram studies in energy, environment or similar areas
and the course
Energy and Environment MJ2413 or corresponding knowledge including documented proficiency in english B or equivalent.
1. Reports and scientific publications 2. Instructions for software use for the laboratory exercises. The software to be used is for example a calculation tool from IEA, but also other tools will be introduced.
- LAB1 - Laboratory Work, 2.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- LAB2 - Laboratory Work, 2.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- PRO1 - Exam Task, 2.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- LAB1 - Laboratory Work, 2.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- LAB2 - Laboratory Work, 2.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- PRO1 - Exam Task, 2.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Two larger laboratory excercises of each 2 cr. Exam of 2 cr.
Requirements for final grade
Completed Laboratory Excerises (Grade A-F) and Exam (Grade A-F)
Semida Silveira <email@example.com>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2009.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2009.