ML190X Degree Project in Mechanical Engineering and Economics, First Cycle 15.0 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Problem formulation, goal, aim and delimitations
Literature study or information search that presents state-of-the-art knowledge within the field of technology
Choice of method, the problem-solving approach
Problem-solving Report, where strong emphasis is placed on analyses, results, independent conclusions and recommendations
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the degree project course, the student should be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge of the chosen topic's disciplinary foundation and proven experience, and some insight into current research and development
- holistically, critically and systematically search, collect and integrate knowledge, and identify one´s need for further knowledge
- formulate, assess and handle problems and critically discuss issues
- plan and with adequate methods carry out tasks within given time frames, and to evaluate this work
- design and handle products, processes, methods, systems or technical solutions, taking into consideration human conditions and needs, and the society's aim for economically, socially and ecologically sustainable development
- orally and in writing, in dialogue with different groups present and discuss information, problems and solutions
- make judgements considering relevant scientific, social and ethical aspects
- work independently as an engineer
Literature and preparations
135 higher education credits from completed compulsory courses, within these credits these courses must be completed: ME1003 and ML1206
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- XUPP - Thesis Project, 15.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
KTH's established criteria to pass degree project for Bachelor of Science in Engineering is in the document "Comprehensive guidelines for degree project courses".
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web ML190X