SA1005 Project in Engineering Physics 7.5 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The project is an individual work within a field given by the examiner. The work should normally be on a more advanced level within engineering physics. The project work shall be be equivalent to 5 weeks of full-time studies. Finally, the work shall be presented in a written report and through an oral presentation at an open seminar.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course the student shall be able to
- apply relevant knowledge and skills in the field of engineering physics on a given problem,
- analyse and discuss larger complex problems within engineering physics, within a given time frame and with limited information,
- relected upon, judge and critically evaluate his/her results as well results from others,
- document and present his/her work to a given audience, with high demands on structure, formalities and language.
- identify his/her need for additional knowledge and continuously develop his/her competence.
Literature and preparations
Students at the Master of Science in Engineering programme Engineering Physics (CTFYS)
Individual and independent literature survey and studies within the given field are expected. Course literature can also be suggested by the examiner or the supervisor.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project assignment, 7.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The project is presented in a written report and through an oral presentation; in Swedish or in English. (PRO1; 7,5 hp, grading scale P/F)
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web SA1005
Main field of study
Only given after agreement with the examiner or programme director for CTFYS.