SF2704 Topics in Mathematics I 7.5 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The content of the course varies depending on the theme of the course.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course the student should be able to
- formulate central definitions and theorems within the topic of the course,
- apply and generalize theorems and methods within the topic of the course,
- describe, analyze and formulate basic proofs within the topic of the course.
Literature and preparations
English B / English 6
Completed courses SF1677 Foundations of Analysis and SF1678 Groups and Rings.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- TEN1 - Examination, 7.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The examiner decides, in consultation with KTHs Coordinator of students with disabilities (Funka), about any customized examination for students with documented, lasting disability. The examiner may allow another form of examination for re-examination of individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web SF2704
Main field of study
Not given ej 08/09.