Course contents *
The course deepens the student to self-describing, finding and working with architecture. This course will develop students in the process of spatial relationships and skill in interpretation.
Intended learning outcomes *
The overall goal of the courese is to provide students with extended knowledge in architecture. The course is intended to develop the sets of tools and concepts introduced in Orientation course in Urban management and Architecture, AD1OSA 15 hp.
After the course, students shall be:
- able to understand and use the basic architectural concepts concerning design.
- able to compile and communicate the modernist world of ideas, and evaluate
and analyze it.
- able to conduct an in-depth discussion of architecture and interpretation.
- able to use established methods of dialogue within architecture.
- able to operate with certain aspects of architectural interpretation.
- able to produce a simple building permit document designed with CAD.
The course includes the following course sections:
ÖVN1, Language and design, 3 credits. The course focuses on practicing the student's creative capacity, both two-and three-dimensional, by using the modernist discourse conceptual world.
ÖVN2, ideology and design, 3 credits. The course focuses on an evolutionary development that show structural differences in the perception of space in architectural history.
ÖVN3, Architectonic representations within art, 1.5 credits. The course introduces the neighboring artistic activities and their use of space.
ÖVN4, Basic CAD, 1.5 credits. The course gives an orientation in digital tools for architects.
PRO1, Project 1. Extension, 3 credits. The course deals with Tensta and the concept of extension. Project work includes field studies, social mapping and dialogue with residents in Tensta.
PRO2, Project 2. Rebuilding, 3 credits. The course deals with Tensta and the concept of rebuilding. Project work includes field studies with preparations through studies and seminars.