Intended learning outcomes *
After the course the student will:
- Be able to describe and understand the Earth's natural radiation balance, and exogenous and endogenous energy flows relevant to the conditions on earth, as well as natural energy transformations that occur.
- Perform basic calculations of the energy flows and energy storage in natural geoenvironments.
- Be able to describe the presence of energy resources in the geoenevironments and their durability and utilization in the long term
- Be able to use computational models for heat extractions from soil and water
- Be able to describe Swedish resources of geothermal energy to perform basic mapping of natural heat resources
- Be able to describe the nuclear cycle
- Describe disposal of residual materials from energy extraction and energy use (including nuclear waste repository, carbon storage, incineration ashes)
- Be able to make comprehensive assessments of environmental impacts in energy extraction and energy utilization of geoenergy