AE2708 Project in Environmental Engineering 7.5 credits
Projekt i miljöteknik
Education cycleSecond cycle
Main field of studyBuilt Environment
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
The objective of the course is to appply acquired knowledge in a problem-based project. The course provides the students with tools and experience needed to be able to carry out their Master thesis project. After completion of the course the students should be able to:
- Identify a research problem and questions
- Collect relevant information
- Apply their own experience and the acquired knowledge from previous courses
- Analyse and discuss their data
- Find solutions to the research problem and make conclusions
Course main content
The students work jointly in interdisciplinary teams focusing on a problem-based project. Each of these:
- Identifies a specific task which contributes to the overall project
- Collects relevant information that is needed to analyse the identified problems and possible solutions
- Prepares a solution to the problems that were identified.
In parallel with the project work, seminars with invited lecturers will be offered on specific themes related to the project. An excursion will be arranged in order to illustrate the Swedish experience of problem identification and solution to the chosen problem. Each student shall in the first part of the course prepare an individual assignment related to the chosen focus. At the end each tem should hand in a jointly written team report. In addition, each student should make a brief individual assessment of the team report.
Bachelor's degree in the field of Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Urban or Reginal Planning or another subject with clear relevance to the course, of at least 180 ECTS credits. In addition, second cycle courses for at least 30 ECTS credits, including AE2501 together with AE2201 and/or AE2801 or AG2143 and/or AG2141, or equivalent courses are required. Proficiency in English (English B or equivalent).
Information about the course literature is given at the course start.
- PRO2 - Project Task with Presentation, 4.5, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- PROA - Project Task, 3.0, grading scale: P, F
ABE/Sustainability and Environmental Engineering
Ulla Mörtberg <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2014.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2014.