Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
- House building technology for smaller buildings
- Sustainable building techniques
- Water demand for a real estate unit
- The formation, structure, composition and classification of soil types
- Building services techniques
- Project planning with CAD
- Project task ”Villa”
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the students should be able to:
- describe building construction for a small building
- explain the correlation between house building technology and society's sustainability goals
- describe rock and soil types in Sweden
- calculate the total water demand and the runoff of waste and storm water for a real estate unit
- plan and project part of a villa with specified dimensions for construction and building services equipment using suitable software
Literature and preparations
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PROA - Project assignment, 5.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TENA - Written exam, 5.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AF1745
Main field of study
Replaces AF1738 from academic year 21/22.