Content and learning outcomes
The degree project must carry out a portion of a specialization within the main field of study in the second cycle in order to fulfil the requirements for a master’s degree. This means that the degree project must be carried out within the main field of study for the programme, for which the student is prepared. A project within another field of study can be allowed following a trial examination by the Director of Undergraduate and Masters´ studies (GA) at the respective school.
Intended learning outcomes
The student should:
- Be able to apply the relevant knowledge and skills, which are acquired within the technical area, to a given problem
-Within given constraints, even with limited information, independently analyze and discuss complex inquiries/problems and handle larger problems on the advanced level within the technical area
- Reflect on, evaluate, and critically assess one’s own and others’ scientific results
- Be able to document and present one’s own work, for a given target group, with strict requirements on structure, format, and language usage.
- Be able to identify one’s need for further knowledge and continuously develop one’s own competencies.
Literature and preparations
The main portion of the studies, at least 240 credits, must generally be completed before the degree project can be started. It is the duty of the examiner to see that the student has the specialization corresponding to that described above and that a main portion of the studies are completed before the project is initiated. After a trial examination by the Director of Undergraduate and Masters´ studies (GA) at the respective school, exemption can be allowed if found appropriate. The degree project must normally be carried out during the programme’s last term.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- XUPP - Examination Question, 30.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
XUPP - Examination Question, 30.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Other requirements for final grade
Approved thesis and oral presentation.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AF222X