The course contains in-depth studies of phenomena in building physics and gives a review of the research in the field and an international perspective.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
- Problem based analysis of different constructions. Technical assessment.
- Engineering design and the use of building physics. Tools for calculation.
- Industrial construction, innovation, development.
- Research in the field of building technology.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course is completed the student should:
- be able to formulate building physical problems and to do in-depth analysis with mathematical tools and measurements
- have insight into the devlopment and evaluation of new building technology as well as the “state of the art” research within the field.
Literature and preparations
Documented knowledge in Building Materials and Building Physics, 15 ECTS corresponding to the content in courses AF1301 and AF1402.
Eng B/6 according to the Swedish upper secondary school system.
Documented knowledge in Differential Equations corresponding to the content in course SF1676 Differential Equations with Applications.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- TEN1 - Examination, 3.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ÖVN1 - Exercises, 4.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Oral examination (TEN1; 3 cr)
Approved exercises (ÖVN1; 4,5 cr)
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AF2401
Main field of study
AF2025 Building Design and Construction Project