Intended learning outcomes *
After completed degree project, the student should be able to
1. show knowledge of the disciplinary foundation of the chosen subject area and proven experience, an advanced understanding of current research and development work as well as advanced method knowledge.
2. demonstrate the ability to search for, collect and integrate knowledge and identify his or her needs in a comprehensive, critical, and systematic way for further knowledge.
3. demonstrate the ability to identify, analyse, assess and handle complex phenomena, issues and situations, even with limited information.
4. demonstrate the ability to plan, and with adequate methods, carry out high-quality assignments within given time frames, as well as to evaluate the work.
5. demonstrate the ability to develop and evaluate products, processes, systems, methods or technical solutions, taking into consideration people's abilities and needs, and society's goals for economic, social and ecological sustainable development.
6. demonstrate orally and in writing the ability to, in dialogue with different groups, clearly account for and discuss his or her conclusions, including the knowledge and arguments that are the basis of such conclusions.
7. demonstrate the ability to exercise judgement considering relevant scientific, social and ethical aspects.
8. demonstrate the skills required to participate in research and development work or to independently work in other advanced contexts.
The course is designed as a limited research project.
The course design can include literature studies, problem formulation, collection and compilation of data and analysis.
The degree project should be presented at a seminar. The degree project should be written and presented in Swedish or English. A summary should be included in both languages. The Master thesis will be checked for plagiarism.