AF2611 Geotechnical Engineering, Advanced Course 7.5 credits
Jordmekanik, avancerad kurs
• Continuum Mechanics; Soil Stress-strain, stress paths, 3D Stresses & strains
• Elasticity and plasticity
• Constitutive soil models; Coulombe model; The Cam Clay model
• Performance and evaluation of triaxial tests. Laboratory routine test and ödometer tests
• The use the commercial FE-package Plaxis for the solution of practical engineering problems such as excavations, consolidation and embankments
• Design and analysis of a practical engineering problem is included in the course as a project task.