AH1023 Urban and Traffic Planning, Methods and Applications 7.5 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
- Elements of the urban transportation system and their role
- Public transport systems role and operations
- Demand and supply of urban traffic systems
- Urban transportation planning methods and models
- Relationships betweenland use andtransport
- Demand management
Intended learning outcomes
- Understand the multimodal aspects of transportation systems
- Identify main challenges and issues in urban traffic
- Understand basic design aspects of transport systems
- Describe main approaches to transportation planning
- Identify important measures of mobility and accessibility
- Interpret results from traffic planning models and tools
Literature and preparations
AH1030 Urban Development and Transport System
- Meyer and Miller, Urban Transportation Planning, McGraw Hill, 2001
- Utdelat material
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 3.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 4.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Written examination (TEN; 4,5 cr) and project work (ÖVN; 3 cr).
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AH1023