Intended learning outcomes *
After completed degree project, the student should be able to
1. show knowledge of the disciplinary foundation and best practice of the transport field, advanced understanding in current research and development and advanced method knowledge.
2. demonstrate the ability to search, gather and integrate knowledge and identify the need for additional knowledge, all with a holistic, critical and systematic work approach.
3. demonstrate the ability to identify, analyse, assess and handle complex phenomena, issues and situations also with limited information
4. demonstrate the ability to plan and with adequate methods carry out qualified assignments within given time frames and to evaluate this work
5. demonstrate the ability to develop and evaluate products, processes, systems, methods or technical solutions with respect to people’s circumstances and needs as well as society’s goals in term of economically, societally and ecologically sustainable development.
6. demonstrate the ability, both orally and in writing, in dialogue with different groups, to clearly account for and discuss the conclusions and the knowledge and arguments on which these are based
7. demonstrate the ability to make assessments considering relevant scientific, social and ethical aspects
8. demonstrate a skill level that is required to participate in research and development or to work independently in other qualified activities
The course is designed as a delineated research project.
The structure of the course can include, amongst other things, literature studies, problem formulation, collection and compilation of data, and analysis.
The degree project should be presented at a seminar. The degree project should be written and presented in Swedish or English. A summary should be included in both languages. The Master thesis will be checked for plagiarism.