Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The course is conducted in project work, which is complemented by supportive seminars and teacher consultations.
The project means to carry necessary steps – from initial objectives and plans for land use until the start of construction of buildings – in the development process. The project is conducted in an area which requires infill developments of existing settlements as well as new developments.
Intended learning outcomes
The aim of the course is that the students, from a practical project, get a deeper understanding of the various organizational, legal and financial instruments used in the plan implementation/land development.
The student will be able to:
- Analyze alternative ways of solving existing problems in land development.
- Apply various methods and instruments that can then be used.
- Identify the impact of the various methods and means have.
Literature and preparations
Land Development (AI1524 or AI2517) or equivalent knowledge.
Kalbro, T. & Lindgren, E. Markexploatering (Norstedts Juridik, latest edition). Additional literature will be announced when the course starts.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- ÖVN1 - Project Work, 7.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Passed individual partial exam.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AI2511