Protein drugs or biopharmaceuticals are taking an increasing part among therapeutic drugs world-wide. Furthermore, a large majority of these are produced from animal cell cultivation based processes. This course gives the fundaments of animal cell cultivation for the production of protein drugs in the pharmaceutical industry, and how these processes are developed, for which practical application is given through simulation software.
The course will be given in April-May 2022.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Intended learning outcomes
Literature and preparations
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- LAB1 - Laboratory using computer simulation, 2.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN1 - Written exam, 2.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web CB203V