Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
- The human as an information processing system
- Human cognitive prerequisites
- Usability design of the human-machine interface
- Methods of analysis and design for usability
- Distributed cognition
- Situation awareness
- Automation and allocation of functions human-machine system
- Find, read summarize and reflect on scientific articles on the subject
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course, the student shall:
· understand and apply knowledge about human cognitive prerequisites in theinteraction between human-machine interface,
· analyze and suggest improvements of the interface in human-machinesystems,
· understand and evaluate how allocation of functions in the human-machine systemsaffects the interaction of human-machine and systemperformance,
· visualize and apply cognitive aspects in a HTOanalysis,
· read, understand and discuss international scientific publications in the field of cognitive ergonomics.
Literature and preparations
180 ECTS credits in technical, natural or medical sciences or in human resource studies. English B/English 6.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- SEM1 - Assignment and seminar, 0.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM2 - Assignment and seminar, 0.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM3 - Assignment and seminar on reporting of studies, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM4 - Examination and seminar, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Written examination, 3.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web CH2010