Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
- Methods for literature searches
- Performance of a literature study
- Knowledge on how to organize project work
- Independent planning of a project
Intended learning outcomes
passing the course the student shall
- Show abilities to perform literature searches in scientific databases to find relevan references in a specific project area
- Show abilities to compile relevant literature in a specific project area in a written report according to criteria for scientific literature reviews
- Show abilities to plan a scientifically based project within t technology, work and health.
- Show abilities to orally and in a written report present the planning of a project
Show abilities to discuss and critically review other students’ planning reports.
Literature and preparations
Exam of at least 180 hp / 120 p from Swedish university or corresponding exam from another country within one of the fields health science, engineering or social/behavioural sciences or another relevant exam. At least 60 hp / 40 p of these should be referred to one of the fields anatomy, physiology, psychology, sociology, pedagogics, cognitive science, production engineering, product design or another relevant field. Further, Swedish B and English A is required. Exceptions from this may be made if an applicant is considered to fulfil the requirements at the registration for the course, according to the requirements of KTH.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- RED1 - Literature report, 4.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- RED2 - Planning report, 3.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Active attendance at seminars is required for final grades.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web CH2011