The aim of the course is to give the students knowledge of numerical approaches to solve electromagnetics problems, relevant mathematical theory, and some insight into industrial application domains, as well as pros and cons of different formulations and commercial software approaches.
After successful completion of course requirements, the students will be able to
- solve numerically electromagnetics problems to study wave propagation, transmission lines and antennas
- develop and implement numerical methods and software for finite difference and finite element differential equation models as well as integral equation models
- describe and list the advantages and limitations of different numerical techniques- use commercial software to identify its limitations.
The course covers:
- Maxwell Equations and fundamental concepts in electromagnetics.
- Numerical methods based on finite difference and finite element methods and on method of moments.
- Theory of convergence, stability and error analysis.
- Programming codes for solving electromagnetics problems
- Commercial software for solving electromagnetics problems