DD2419 Project Course in Robotics and Autonomous Systems 9.0 credits
Project course in robotics. It starts with a few lectures that treats the specific topic for the project and project work. The project work is conducted in groups. The course ends with all groups comparing their solutions in a full day laboration.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The main task in the course is to design, implement and evaluate robots to solve certain specific assignments. The work is carried out in groups as a project. The assignments that should be solved are large and complicated enough to put the project groups in situations where one is forced to prioritise and handle limitations, especially in time.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the course, the student should be able to
- implement and integrate software components for robots
- solve an assignment in robotics with limited resources
in order to
- be able to work with autonomous and other complex systems in research and/or development
- improve the skills of planning and carrying out development work in project groups.
Literature and preparations
Completed course equivalent to DD2410.
Active participation in a course offering where the final examination is not yet reported in LADOK is considered equivalent to completion of the course.
Registering for a course is counted as active participation.
The term 'final examination' encompasses both the regular examination and the first re-examination.
DD2410 "Introduction to robotics" or equivalent
Bachelor degree or similar out of which 45 ECTS in mathematics or information technology.
English level B or equivalent
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Project preparations, 0.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- INL2 - Project documentation, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- PRO1 - Project work, 7.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Passing item INL1 is required before participatíng in the grupprojektarbetet (INL2 and PRO1).
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web DD2419
Main field of study
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see: